Sunday, August 22, 2010

Interesting twists and turns ...

So - when I started this car-free journey I had thoughts of lots of biking, cute outfits and awesome looking thighs!!! :) .....  But my summer took a bit of a different turn.  No - I have not bought a car .... and I am still committed to the car-free lifestyle --- but is has included many more bus rides with a few taxi rides here and there.  It makes me feel a bit lazy --- but I came to the realization that just because I gave up my car, didn't mean that I wanted to give up who I am. ....  And, part of who I am really hates heat and humidity.  I can't stand being all sweaty (unless I am working out) .....  and given the weather during August - I was breaking a sweat just standing waiting for the bus!!!

I am looking forward to September --- going back to school ---- and more cool, less humid days.  I look forward to getting back on my bike - and perhaps even biking in the dark.  I am committed to spending much more time on my bike this fall ---- oh, and finally getting my back rack and panniers .... and of course, FINALLY putting my bike on the front of a bus!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment