Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Riding in Cars

So ...  I have ridden in quite a few cars over the last 5 days.  And ... I am ok with that.  I made the choice not to have a car for many different reasons - but it was never to be a martyr.  It was my 20 year HS reunion this weekend and my very, very dear friend N came to stay with me.  She lives in Seattle -- car free!!! :)  However, she wanted to do plenty of exploring of her old neighborhood - plus get to the reunion looking smashing (which she always does) so she decided to rent a car.  I do love her dearly, but I do have to say riding in a car with her was an interesting experience.  It should be just like riding a bike .... once you know how you never forget.  Although --- after not driving for many years the awareness level perhaps is a bit different.  When you are on your bike or walking things go by much more slowly ---- so there is more time to look, ponder and take in all of what you are seeing.  Everything happens much more quickly in a car .....  so I did have to smile a bit .... and wonder how long it will take my "car skills" to start to diminish ....

No comments:

Post a Comment