Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Days of Biking

Has it really been almost a year since I have posted?  WOW!!!!!  Well -  I am still car free and just newly committed to posting on my blog.  I just signed up for the 30 Days of Biking challenge - thinking that without a car that should be easy.  Although - seems that I really had nowhere to go today (except the gym - which is all of 1.5 blocks away) .... and it is SO hot!!!!  I ended up biking around the block ....  I am hoping that counts! :)

Truth be told - I have had access to a car more often than not - due to various reason - this summer.  It made me think of how much easier life can be with a car .... and was seriously thinking that I need to get one again.  However, I did recently read a FB post from a friend who just spent $900 on car repairs - that did not actually work ....  and then from another who was dealing with car issues while on vacation.  That gave me a bit of pause - as I love not having to deal with all of those things .....  and getting back into biking will support my fitness goals.

Now - if only I survive the bike home after a CrossFit workout tomorrow at 8am!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment