Thursday, September 8, 2011

Motivation to Bike?

It is interesting to me that it took the 30 Days of Biking challenge to actually get on my bike every day.  I mean, I don't own a car ....  shouldn't getting on my bike be second nature?  Well ....  no.  I have found plenty of other ways to get around - which is fine.  When I took on this challenge, it wasn't to bike everywhere ...  it was to live fashionably without a car.  Although - I did think that my bike would be my primary mode of transportation.  For many reasons, that turned out not to be true ....  but I am starting to fall in love all over again with my bikes.  It is almost the giddy feeling you get when discovering something new ....  a little scary, but oh so fun!!! :)

Today I biked to my yoga class.   Ok - I have biked to yoga before - so this should be nothing new.  Although, I had the nervous feeling that I would not be able to maintain the "yoga bliss" on the way home.  I should not have been apprehensive at all ......  the bike ride home was actually more pleasurable (and actually faster) than the bike ride there.  I was able to appreciate my surroundings, my body and the journey so much more on the way home.

Tomorrow is biking to Cross Fit .... again.  The first time I do have to say the ride home was AWFUL!  I know it will be the same way tomorrow ---- but I am going to try and recapture some of the "yoga bliss" and enjoy all of the things that my body can do --- and the interesting surroundings --- and more importantly the journey.    The only thing that it won't be it fashionable ....  some people can pull of sweaty fashion ....  but I am not one of them.  I will be a big, sweaty mess ....  but hopefully if you see me I will be a big, sweaty mess with a smile on my face!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment