Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall has arrived!

It is no secret that I am not a fan of hot weather.  So - when I woke up early this morning and was actually cold while in bed I was giddy!!!!  I knew that it would be a great day for hopping on my bike.  (Well - I am not actually going to hop on my bike - I am not that coordinated!!!)  It was actually hard to stay in bed until the sun came up ....  so by 7am this morning I had already put 20 miles on my bike.  How much fun!!!

It was also a great time to meditate.  I have made the commitment to quiet meditation for the next 30 days - but as I have said before (after learning it from my sister) that mediation can come in all forms - including being active.  The ride this morning allowed me to set aside everything going on in my life and just be present in the moment.  I was able to be truly grateful for my body - which is sometimes hard for me.  I was almost able to be in love with my body - and what it can do.  It also allowed me to continue to deepen my intentions to pursue a PhD, make it to yoga at least 3x per week and start my own personal training business by November.  Whew -  that was a lot by 7am in the morning.

And - the exciting part about today (besides going to class) is that I am FINALLY going to get a bike rack and panniers for my bike.  I know I have talked about that before .... but it is finally going to happen today.  Although - I am not sure that the pannier will happen today.  I want some that look completely chic - and I can take off and carry to school.  I found one online - so I may be just ordering it today.  More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment