Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I am a busser!!!

Well --- lately my bikes have been a little lonely in the garage --- but I have been exploring more of the Twin Cities by bus.  I actually made it out to Bloomington (almost Eden Prairie) from St. Paul on the bus (well, 3 buses) and then made it back from there to the U of M for class.  SUPER easy!!! :)  And - I have to say that everyone at the bus stops have been more than helpful.  I had people making sure that I made it off at the right stop --- and ensuring that I was on the right bus all safe and sound.  What a great community of people!

The one thing that I had just a bit of issue with was getting off the bus in suburban Bloomington and trying to figure out which direction to walk to my final destination.  Remember that part about my lack of direction?  I did have to call someone to "guide me in" ....  which actually resulted in being picked up. .....  But I almost made it by myself ....  next time!!!

I also witnessed numerous people load their bikes on the front of the bus.  I am ALMOST feeling confident that I could do it.  I did watch closely - but I am still nervous about getting my bike off if it is the first one on and there is one sitting in front.  But ....  I do need to get over that fear.  I have certainly conquered many fears in the past few months ....  and sometimes I look back and think ---  really, I was nervous about that?  But .... it has been a spring and summer of growth and the journey just continues ....

And I am very much looking forward to commuting by bike tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment