Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Neighborhood Exploration

It has been an interesting few days getting to know my new neighborhood on foot, bike and bus.  I am certainly quite familiar with the area - but it is so much more intimate walking through the the neighborhood seeing people out in their gardens, smelling the grills going and getting to know the best routes - or the not so much!  As I was walking yesterday to get a pedicure I came to where the sidewalk ends ....  and not the fun kind that Shel Silverstein described.  It was the kind where the sidewalk literally ends and I had to walk through the dirt before being able to cross the street.  (Good thing that was on the way to get the pedicure and not on the way home!!) 

I also found that it was almost as fast to catch a bus back to my "old neighborhood" to meet a new friend than it would have been to drive.  Yippee!!!!!  Well ---- it was easy to get there - not as easy to get back, but good thing I was able to get a ride home.  Bummer that what took me 20 minutes to go there would have taken me 70 minutes to get back.  I will have to do some more investigating ....  as I am not sure if that was because it was a weekend or what ....  But, good to know that I do have options!

Happy 4th of July!!!  Where will you bike/walk/bus this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment