Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Journey around St. Paul

I had an interesting bus ride today!!! :)  I got a ride to class - so needed to take the bus to a meeting downtown St. Paul and then back to my new house.  I used the metro transit link to map the route --- but didn't actually look at the map - just knew where I could get on and off.  The ride from Mpls to St. Paul was uneventful - albeit LONG.  I took a complete tour of St. Paul through neighborhoods that were unfamiliar to me.  It reminded me that my love of St. Paul is limited to a specific area! ;)  It also brought up a few questions - like what is BENGO?  I have heard of BINGO - but not BENGO.  And - who knew that there was an Aerospace Elementary School in St. Paul?  Well .... I am sure many people did - but I didn't!!! :)

The ride home was a bit more "special"!!! :)  The first 1/3 of the ride was quiet --- and by that time I was one of two people (besides the bus driver) on the bus.  And then the fun started!!! :)  As I said - there was only one other person sitting in the bus when The Couple got on and of all the places they could have sat - they sat in the two seats right ahead of me.  They happened to be very loud, very affectionate and very drunk ....  and perhaps they hadn't bathed in awhile.  It was amusing for a few minutes - and I really should have gotten up to move, but I didn't want to hurt their feelings ....  not sure why I thought that .....  but if I had moved --- they probably wouldn't have turned around to offer me a drink of whatever they had in their brown paper bag!!! :)    So --- there was I sitting behind these two individuals who were so drunk they could barely speak (although they were able to find each other's lips) trying to hold my breath --- which would have helped when the woman farted .....  and of course they thought that was hilarious!!! :)  And despite the fact that they were so gracious to share their drink with me --- I did decide to get off a couple of stops early, because by that time the bus was filling up!

As I was walking home it did make me smile.  Why was I worried about hurting their feelings?  They probably won't even remember the bus ride.   ....  And, at least they didn't try to kiss me!!! :)  Many, many years ago a similar experience with a gentleman on a bus - who kissed my mom and offered us his chicken wings had scared me off the bus for a LONG time.  Now it was just an amusing part of the day .....  and next time I will just move to another seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment