Saturday, June 5, 2010

City Living

I have always loved living in the city - as compared to the suburbs.  Much more going on - much more energy - and easier to get to "cool" places to hang out.  I have often joked with my friends that why do I need to ever go outside of the belt-loop when I have everything I need right here in St. Paul?  Well ... everything I need except for some of my friends!!! :)  So - today I will venture outside of my comfort zone and head to Inver Grove Heights.  Ok, ok, it is really not that far - only 13 miles to my friend's house.  But it will be interesting to start to test some of the bike mapping tools.  I am using the route Google Maps suggested for my trip today.  What a cool feature that you can get directions anywhere driving, walking, biking or bussing.  Just another day of experiencing something new on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go with your cycling commitment! If you are not familiar with Cyclopath I highly recommend it for bike routes. It's locally produced and better than google maps, though not as easy to access from a phone.

    magic.cyclopath.org

    happy cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need to check it out. I have heard of it - but not mapped a ride with it yet. Thanks for the support! :)

    ReplyDelete