Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Journey is the Destination

I have a very close friend who has a tatoo of this symbol. I have always admired her - and others - who are truly able to live that way. Personally, I have always been about the destination. Although, Sophia might have something to teach me. I finally went back to Erik's today to fix the squeek. Turns out it was some rubber piece (not sure what it is called) near the center of the back wheel that just needed a bit of lube. I did have an enjoyable time riding over --- but it sure was HOT -- and I was super sweaty .... not promising given that I would like to show up places looking a bit more chic. (I did, however, get a nice compliment on my helmet from one of the guys at the shop!)

The ride back was a completely different story. I don't know if it was the 8am spinning class, the 4 mile walk I took to the Farmer's Market this morning, the heat or the wind --- but I found myself getting a bit cranky and tired. I just wanted the ride to be over. It was then I thought about needing to enjoy the journey. So -- I became more conscious of my surroundings and of how lucky I was to be able to ride (and just a little about the sculpted legs and butt I hope will be a nice by-product of this new way of life!!). And for a few minutes I was able to enjoy the journey, perhaps not as much as the A/C I knew was in my near future, but I was able to smile. This is certainly going to be a work in progress - but I am glad to be on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment