Friday, May 21, 2010

Last Night .....

So - on the eve of going car free ..... thought it might be a bit more dramatic ..... I did meet some friends for a happy hour birthday celebration in the suburbs. As I was driving there I thought .... how would I have gotten there without a car? (I also thought how silly it was to be stuck in traffic and alarmed when I almost got rear-ended!!!) But, I wouldn't have missed the celebration for anything. First - we could have met in St. Paul - which was an option. Or, second and third - I would have either biked or had someone pick me up. So - I do always have options. C did say that she didn't want me to start excluding myself or not accepting social offers ..... and, strangely I just knew at that moment that giving up my car was absolutely the right thing to do ....

So --- nothing dramatic ---- just that this is the right path to be on.

I was a bit disappointed today when I went onto the NutCase website (www.nutcasehelemts.com) and found that the super cute helmets were all out of stock. I guess I wasn't the first to find them. So - still on the search to either find one --- or find Kate Spade's phone number to have her make one for me!!! ;)

And the adventure begins ....

No comments:

Post a Comment