Monday, May 24, 2010

Whootie Whoo!!! :)

Ok .... let me just start off by saying that I am really not that brave. I like trying new things - but as my sister will attest -- only if someone is there to try it out first ..... or at least with me to hold my hand. I have never been someone who ventures out on her own. I LOVE to travel --- and I have learned to do so without an itnerary --- but again, when someone is there with me. For goodness sakes --- the only time that I have ever taken the bus in St. Paul as an adult (or perhaps ever) was with my mom about 15 years ago .... and if I had my choice I would have someone along for my second trip!!!!!!

Having said all of that ... I found a bike shop in Fargo, rented a bike and just got back from a ride. I left my rental car at the shop -- so that I can bike to work tomorrow. Whootie Whoo!!! :) I feel so empowered. I know that to most people that sounds like such a small thing --- but to me it feels like this major accomplishment. Absolutely freeing!!!

The only crappy thing is that it is SOOOOOOOO HOT and HUMID!!!!!! I HATE the heat. I would take foggy, cool San Francisco (my favorite US city) over this anyday. I might even be tempted to say that I would rather bike in the snow than this ..... But I am holding my tongue - so I didn't actually say that out loud! ;) But .... I am super sweaty .... so we will see how the biking to work goes tomorrow. I will leave in plenty of time ---- but you can only bike so slow without tipping over!!!! (And, I do know that from my experience climbing hills outside of SF! Not that I ever actually fell over .... but almost!!)

What an amazing journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment